Paul M. Gerlach
2682 SW 137th Terr.
Miramar, FL 33027
Paul Gerlach is a geoscientist at Charter Consulting, specializing on the integration of geological and geophysical data to define reservoir architecture. He has more than 30 years experience in geological and geophysical studies and project coordination in petroleum exploration within the Anadarko Basin, Hugoton Embayment, Las Animas Arch, Central Kansas Uplift, and Sedgwick Basin. He was most recently employed as a research scientist at the Kansas Geological Survey from 1995 to 2000 and Vice-President of Exploration at Charter Production Co. from 1989 to 1995.
- Thirty Three (33) year track record as a proven oil-finder in the Mid-Continent and Rocky Mountains.
- Three (3) Fold increase in Mid-Continent Operators Oil and Gas Production through the accurate integration of geological and geophysical data.
- Built Charter Production Company from a start-up venture to $25.6 million in revenues in three years by exploring for new oil and gas reserves.
- Supervised five-member exploration team, which generated, assembled, funded, and drilled over one hundred (100) exploratory wells in four years, with an overall success ratio of 31%.
- Responsible for the farm-out of Mesa Petroleums deep-rights within the Hugoton. Participated, with equity interest, in over three hundred wells drilled on 225,000 acres.
- Designed, implemented, and managed the worlds premier petroleum geology website at the Kansas Geological Survey.
2000 - Present
Charter Consulting, Miramar, Florida, President - Owner
1995 - 2000
- Providing geoscience consulting services to clients in the Mid-Continent and Rocky Mountains
- Geological / Geophysical Modeling and Interpretation of Thin Bedded Reservoirs
- Density Inversion for Porosity Prediction
- Co-Rendered Attribute Analysis
- Sub-Salt-Anhydrite / Shallow Zone Velocity Analysis for Depth Correction
Kansas Geological Survey, Petroleum Research Section, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas, Research Scientist
1990 - 1995
- Petroleum Resource Assessment and Modeling
- Reservoir Characterization and Numerical Simulation
- Internet and GIS application in Petroleum Geology
Charter Production Company, Wichita, Kansas, Vice President Exploration - Partner
1978 - 1990
- Supervised five member team, three geologists, geophysicist, and petroleum engineer, which generated, assembled, funded, and drilled over one hundred exploratory wells in the Mid-Continent.
- Prepared prospectus and presented exploratory drilling programs to investment companies and high net worth individuals.
- Raised $20 million for direct investment in exploratory drilling
- Designed and implemented a quality investor marketing, reporting, and relations program.
- Responsible for year-end oil and gas reserve reporting system.
Charter Development Corporation, Wichita, Kansas, President - Owner
1976 - 1978
- Prepared detailed geological, geophysical, and oil and gas reserve study of producing formations in Hugoton Embayment.
- Responsible for the farm-out of Mesa Petroleum's "deep-rights" within the Hugoton. Participated, with equity interest, in over three hundred wells drilled on 225,000 acres.
- Providing geoscience consulting services to clients in the Mid-Continent and Rocky Mountains. Clients include, but not limited to Union Pacific Resources, OXY USA, Chesapeake Operating, Murfin Drilling, Stelbar Oil Corporation, Midco Exploration.
Farmland Industries, NCRA Crude Oil Division, Denver, Colorado, Exploration Geologist
- Responsible for prospect development in the Mid-Continent and Rocky Mountains.
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
- Expert in Computer-Aided Exploration
- Geographix Discovery Suite Geological and Geophysical Interpretation & Mapping
- GMA Geophysical Modeling
- SMT Kingdom Geophysical Interpretation Suite
- ARC/Info and Arcview Certified
- Extensive experience in Computer-Aided Production Analysis
- OGRE - decline curve analysis, economic projections, and reporting
- MICA - decline curve analysis, economic projections, and reporting
- Extensive experience in DOS, Windows, and Sun UNIX operating
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists
- Certified Petroleum Geologist #2620
- Department of Professional Affairs Committee Member
- Geological Computing and Website Committee Member
- Licensed Kansas Geologist, License #215
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- Geological Society of America
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists
- Rocky Mountain Association of Geologists
- Kansas Geological Society
- Editor, Oil and Gas Fields in Kansas, Volume #5
- Editor, Kansas Geological Society Bulletin
- Houston Geological Society
- Private Pilot
- Fly Fishing
Gerlach, P.M., 1985, Oil and Gas Fields in Kansas - Trembly Field, Kansas Geological Society, Volume 5, p 97 - 103.
KGS Open-file Report 97-14, Digital Petroleum Atlas Annual Report - 1996 , by Lee C. Gerhard, Timothy R. Carr, W.Lynn Watney, Paul Gerlach, Dana Adkins-Heljeson, Willard Guy, Joseph M. Kruger, Ken Stalder, Saibal Bhattacharya and Wyatt Weeks
Carr, T. R. and Gerlach, P. M., 1999, KGS Open-file Report 98-50, 1998 Kansas Oil and Gas Production: An Examination of the Importance of Stripper Production
Gerlach, P. M. and Bhattacharya, S., 1998, KGS Open-file Report 98-29, PC-Based Reservoir Simulation using U.S. Department of Energy's BOAST 3 and Enhanced Post Processing Tools
RELEVANT PRESENTATIONS TO PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
Gerlach, P. M., 2000, Horizontal Drilling in Kansas: Current Status and Case Histories, presented to Society of Petroleum Engineers, Wichita Chapter
Gerlach, P. M., 1999, Kansas Oil and Gas Exploration - A Ten Year History and Future Strategies, presented to American Association of Petroleum Geologists, Mid-Continent Section Meeting
Gerlach, P. M. and Merriam, D. F., 1999, The Resource-Full Mississippian of Kansas, presented to the conference on Silurian, Devonian, and Mississippian Geology and Petroleum in the Southern Mid-continent Oklahoma Geological Survey, DOE, National Petroleum Technology Office
Gerlach, P. M., 1998, Identifying Candidate Reservoirs for Horizontal Drilling in Kansas, presented to PTTC Horizontal Drilling Seminar, Wichita, Kansas
Gerlach, P. M. and M Bhattacharya, S.A., 1998, Cost-Effective Reservoir Characterization and Simulation - The Schaben Field (Mississippian), Ness County, Kansas, present to American Association of Petroleum Geologists Annual Meeting, April, 1998.
Gerlach, P.M., 1997, Northern Mid-Continent Digital Petroleum Atlas, presented to Department of Energy Contractors Review Meeting, Houston, Texas, May, 1997.
Bhattacharya, S.A. and Gerlach, P.M, 1997, Carbonate Reservoir Characterization and Field Simulation using Boast 3 - The Schaben Field (Mississippian), Ness County, Kansas, present to Tertiary Oil Recovery Project Annual Meeting, March, 1997.
Bhattacharya, S.A. and Gerlach, P.M, 1997, PC Based Reservoir Simulation using BOAST 3 and Enhanced Post Processing Tools, present to Kansas Geological Survey Computer Applications for the Petroleum Industry, June 1997.
Paul M. Gerlach email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 786-512-8832
Looking for right brain creativity with left brain practicality ?